Don't live on a convenient curbside route? No problem! Residents in the Middle Georgia area still have the same recycling opportunities as those who participate in the city and county sponsored curbside programs.
All you have to do is collect clean, dry designated recyclable materials and place them loosely in any type of container that is convenient for you. Deliver these materials directly to our location at 1645 Seventh Street anytime Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. or Saturday between 8:30 a.m. and noon. We have a separate entrance for residential customers to bypass the scales and drive straight up to the bins for drop-off. Drive-up recycling….it doesn't get any easier than this!
Please keep materials clean, loose (unbagged) and separated, transport them in any container that is convenient for you (we recommend reusable tubs so you can recycle again!) and drop recyclables into the corresponding bin for recycling.
The following materials are accepted:
- Clear, Brown & Green Glass – separate by color, lightly rinse out. It is okay to leave labels on but please remove any lids.
- Paper – cardboard, office paper, junk mail, magazines, newspaper.
- Plastics # 1 and # 2 – lightly rinse out, no running liquids, formed containers only, lids off please.
- Steel / Tin / Bi-Metal Cans – lightly rinse out, no running liquids, labels okay, lids off please.
- Aluminum Cans – lightly rinse, no running liquids.
Our expanded drop-off center is the perfect solution for residents who live in apartment complexes, dormitories or rural areas where curbside pickup is not yet available. Often, residents are able to recycle many more materials than those currently picked up at the curb!
Call Macon Iron at 478-743-6773 with any questions on this program!